Hyundai Azera 2014 – What Are The Changes?
Despite its redesign in 2012, the Hyundai Azera has done little to excite those looking for a full-size sedan.
That may change with news that the largest South Korean automaker will be dropping the price of the car for the coming year.
Accompanying the change in price will be a few minor tweaks for the 2014 model year that might entice buyers even further.
2014 Hyundai Azera changes
The 2014 will see the Hyundai Azera split into a pair of different trim levels.
The base model will start at $31,895, while the Azera Limited will come in at $35, 645, with destination on both.
Among the standard features included in the Azera are a blind-spot monitor, a new gauge cluster with an LCD trip computer display, and a new standard 6-inch infotainment screen.
Moving up to the Limited means adding standard features like a navigation system, xenon headlights, power folding mirrors, Infinity sound system, and an HD radio.
For an extra $2150, the Limited can come with the Technology Package that adds parking sensors, rear sunshades, panoramic roof, and 19-inch wheels.
Both models have a 293-hp, 3.3-liter V-6 engine mated to a 6-speed automatic under the hood. Better feel is delivered via a retuned steering. Fuel economy is solid, with EPA ratings coming in at 19/29/23 mpg city/highway/combined.
The drop in price means that the 2014 Azera is more on par with its competitors in the segment, and is now actually less than the $32,150 Toyota Avalon. It is just a tad more pricy than the $31.810 Nissan Maxima and the $30,895 Chevrolet Impala LT.
That said, the Azera comes with standard features – backup camera, heated seats, and leather – found on those previous two models.
2014 Azera Changes & Highlights
- Azera pricing has been reduced by $1,250 from 2013. It now starts at $31,000, which undercuts some of its main rivals!
- Hyundai engineers have refined the car’s steering feel and precision!
- One of the most notable features added is the standard 6-inch color LCD audio display with rearview camera
- Other features include standard driver blind-spot mirror, electroluminescent gauge cluster with color LCD trip computer, new 8-inch navigation system standard on Limited, power-folding side mirrors standard on Limited model.
- Hyundai Assurance Connected Care telematics services standard for three years!