7 Tips To Choose The Best Car Repair Shop
Every car needs small and big repairs some time in its life.
Of course you cannot carry out all repairs yourself unless you are an expert car mechanic.
So, you have to take your car to a professional workshop. This is when the real work begins.
There would be hundreds of them in your area, so how to choose the best one.
Given below are some useful tips to help you select the best car repair shop, so that your car gets the finest treatment it deserves:
- Start with searching the internet for car repair shops in your vicinity. You’ll probably get a huge list. Write down the names of the most popular repair shops.
- Now that you have a list of the most popular auto repair shops in your area, talk to your friends and relatives about them. Ask them which one is the best in their experience and which ones you should refrain from. The opinion of your friends will enable you to narrow down the list you have.
- When you’re left with two to three options, pay a visit to each auto repair shop to see their working style. See, if they are certified. The certificate will prove that the shop has trained and professional personnel. Leave the car repair shop that refuses to show you a certificate.
- Now you know they are certified, ask if they are insured too. The insurance means two things. First, the car repair shop actually cares about your car. Second, in case their mechanics damage your car accidently, they’re willing to cover all the damages caused.
- Contact the old and current customers of the car repair shops and ask them if they’re satisfied with the services they have received. If not, why?
- Ask each auto repair shop to inspect your car and give you an estimate how much is it going to cost you for a certain repair. Only a shady repair shop would refuse to give you an honest quote. The professionals would just take a look at your car and say their price upfront.
- Once you have decided the car repair shop you’re going to do business with, test them first. Try something minor like an oil change or filter replacement. If their service lives up to your expectations, you’ve found the right place. If not, try other options.
Free tip: No matter which car repair shop you choose, always buy auto parts from Auto-doc.ch. If you leave this job to the repair shop, they might sell you non genuine parts and overcharge you.