Bad Ignition Coil Symptoms
Before further addressed related bad ignition coil, then it helps you to know what coil is and how it works in your vehicle.
Function coil to the ignition system of the vehicle is very simple namely to raise the voltage of the battery is only 12 volts to thousands of volts.
A large electrical current is then piped to the spark plug, so that the spark plug is able to produce sparks or aroused incandescence.
As for the working of coil on the combustion system is:
- When an electric current flows into the positive terminal, then the primary coil will be coming electrified. This will cause the magnetization on the primary winding. Electric current will flow from the primary winding to negative terminal.
- When platinum is open, then the relationship between the negative terminals to the masses will be disconnected, Electric current from the positive terminal will not flow into the primary winding. This will result in magnetism on primary winding or coil is lost. With the loss of magnetism on the primary coil, there arises an induction on the secondary coil. Wherein the secondary coils will produce electricity generated in the channeled into the secondary terminal to be forwarded to high voltage cables.
There are at least three signs or marks when coil in your car was broken, the first when the car has been used quite a long time, causing the engine’s ability to decline, the second is halting to death while walking, the third is there is a leaking ignition coil terminals in the periphery and there seemed coil cracked insulator.
At least you have to know the number of signs to check a faulty coil, such as:
- Check the section of the coil in order to determine whether it is still good or not
You can use as checking the spark ignition. Attach the coil cable to your machine body. If there is a spark, does not mean that the coil is still good. You should check back with installing spark plugs, if there was a sign spark coil still good. But if there is no spark, the coil is weak and cannot work optimally.
- Turned the car hard. Often difficult for start-up when the engine in hot condition of after long use, and requires the car to be cooled back to be able to make it back on. This is likely due to a weak coil and in hot conditions resulting coil was unable to function properly. The solution is to replace it with a new or chill coil by using cloth cool for 10 minutes.
- Machine halting. Indication when the engine is having halting repeatedly is due to the federally coil leak. Be imperfect ignition and spark plugs do not get adequate supply of electrical power. That is why the car became halting. When there are indications leak, at least change a new coil or cover with black duct tape. Do periodic maintenance of the engine, in order to make the condition of your car is always primed.
This article based on trusted car repair site, for more information you can visit cartreatments.com to discover more about general car repair, maintenance tips, electrical system and quick service info.