2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Spec-R roars in
The 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe R-spec promises more performance and will feature lighter body.
Hyundai Motor America is upping ante by revealing the R-Spec trim of its brand-new striking machine, the 2010 Genesis Coupe. The R-Spec Genesis Coupe is a special trimmed-down Genesis Coupe variant, designed to suit those car enthusiasts looking to tune their car to their own specifications.
Under the bonnet of the R-Spec model lies a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine. The 210 horsepower engine is mated to the 6-speed close-ratio manual transmission. Other exclusive enhancements that the R-Spec also gets include Torsen limited slip differential, Brembo brakes, track-tuned suspension lay-out with stiffer springs and dampers along with front and rear sway bars and a strut tower brace.
Making up the R-spec Genesis Coupe tweaks on the outside are the 19-inch light-weight alloy wheels with high-performance Bridgestone Potenza tires (225/40YR19 in front and 245/40YR19 at rear-end) and exclusive R-Spec badging.
To further reduce the cost and weight, Hyundai also eliminated some of the non-essential equipment such as automatic headlights, cruise control, Bluetooth and trip computer.
The 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec has been priced at $23.750, making it $3.000 cheaper compared to the 2.0T Track model. The pricing difference leaves the tuning crowds some extra cash to make their own choice on the aftermarket upgrades.
Hyundai Genesis Coupe R-spec gallery:
Hyundai Genesis Coupe Spec-R specifications:
– 2.0-liter low-pressure turbocharged intercooled four-cylinder engine with dual continuously variable valve timing delivering 210-hp, an estimated 30 mpg EPA highway rating and a top speed of 137 mph
– 6-speed close-ratio manual transmission
– Electronic Stability Control with Traction control, ABS, Electronic Brake-Force Distribution and Brake Assist
– 19-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels with staggered-width high-performance summer-compound Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires (225/40YR19 front, 245/40YR19 rear)
– Brembo braking system with 13.4-inch ventilated front rotors, 42mm four-piston fixed front calipers (red), 13.0-inch ventilated rear rotors, 32mm+28mm four-piston fixed rear calipers (red)
– Track-tuned suspension (higher-rate coil springs, higher-control shock absorbers, 25mm front stabilizer bar, 22mm rear stabilizer bar, front strut brace)
– Torsen-type limited-slip differential
– R-Spec badging
– Quick-ratio hydraulic steering (2.7 turns lock-to-lock)
– Tire Pressure Monitoring System
– Front, side, side air curtain air bags
– Active front head restraints
– Driver’s lumbar support
– Air conditioning
– Remote keyless entry system
– Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
– Power windows (one-touch up and down), door locks and mirrors
– MP3/CD audio system with six speakers
– iPod/USB/Aux jack connectivity
– Projector beam headlamps
– Lightweight temporary spare with aluminum wheel (T135/80D18)
Note: Automatic transmission not available on the 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe R-Spec