The cost of gas may not be as high as it was a year or two ago, but it’s still high enough for new car buyers to take the fuel efficiency of a vehicle into consideration when decided which model to buy.
The new 2o16 Hyundai Tucson was shown off at the New York International Auto Show recently, and fuel efficiency, as well as a great new design and a laundry list of safety features, was made a priority.
The powertrains featured on the new Hyundai Tucson model have been improved so that maximum fuel efficiency can be attained.
Let’s dive into the official fuel economy figures of the latest 2016 Tucson models.
2016 Tucson MPG – Fuel Economy figures (FWD)
- SE (23 city / 31 highway / 26 combined) – fitted with 164 horsepower 2,0L engine
- ECO (26 citiy / 33 highway / 29 combined) – fitted with 175 horsepower 1,6L turbo engine
- SPORT (25 city / 30 highway / 27 combined) – fitted with 175 horsepower 1,6L turbo engine
- LIMITED (25 city / 30 highway / 27 combined) – fitted with 175 horsepower 1,6L turbo engine
2016 Tucson MPG – Fuel Economy figures (AWD)
- SE (22 city / 26 highway / 23 combined)
- ECO (25 city / 30 highway / 27 combined)
- SPORT (24 city / 28 highway / 25 combined)
- LIMITED (24 city / 28 highway / 25 combined)
Understanding the mpg numbers above
- SE, ECO, SPORT and LIMITED are the currently available Tucson trim levels
- You can get the Hyundai Tucson with front wheel drive (FWD) or all-wheel-drive (AWD).
- Two different engines are on sale the 2,0L GDI and 1,6L T-GDI turbo units
2,0L GDI engine mpg
The entry-level Hyundai Tucson comes equipped with a 2.0L gasoline 4-cylinder gasoline direct injection (GDI) engine that delivers 164-horsepower and 151-lb.-ft. of torque when mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission.
Hyundai’s internal testings done on the vehicle have shown that the estimated fuel economy for the model, fitted with front-wheel-drive (FWD) system comes in at 23/31/26 mpg city/highway/combined.
The same model, equpped with AWD and the same 2,0L engine achieves 22 / 26 / 23 (city/highway/combined) mpg.
1,6L Turbo engine mpg
The higher grade Tucson Eco, Sport and Limited models come with a brand-new 1.6L T-GDI turbo engine that delivers 175 horsepower and 195-lb.-ft. of torque.
This highly-advance turbocharged 4-cylinder engine comes with a number of engineering changes that are designed to improve performance whilst also adding to the life of the engine.
It is fuel efficient, while its fuel economy figures range from 24 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on highway.