2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Gets A 170-Mile EPA Range From A 38-kWh Battery
In that particular blog post, we have mentioned that the Ioniq EV is getting a midcycle makeover for the 2020 model year.
What we haven’t told you, though, is the official range of the popular compact electric car. Reason: we did not want to speculate, but rather wait for the official confirmation from Hyundai Motor America)
Today, shortly after publishing that news article, we have been confirmed the official specifications and the driving range of the 2020 Hyundai Ioniq electric car.
- Related Hyundai Ioniq EV news
What is the range of 2020 Hyundai Ioniq EV?
- The 2020 Hyundai Ioniq EV range is now officially rated at 170 miles!
Thanks in large part to the larger 38,3 kWh battery, the range of the new Hyundai Ioniq electric car has increased 37% over the 2019 model. The 2019 Ioniq EV had a 28 kWh battery and an EPA range of 124 miles.
Hyundai Ioniq electric MPGe
- 145 MPGe city
- 121 MPGe highway
- 133 MPGe combined
2020 Hyundai IONIQ EV specs
- 170 miles (273.5 km) EPArange
- 38.3 kWh lithium-ion polymer battery (with 113 kW output, nominal voltage 319.4 V)
- Battery energy density: 112.4 Wh/kg w/o battery heater and 111.2 Wh/kg w/ battery heater
- 136-horsepower electric motor and 295 Nm
- max speed: 102.6 mph
- 7.2 kW on-board charger
- Standard AC charging: 6 hrs 5 mins
- DC fast charging to 80% in less than 1 h (approx 57 min from 50 kW charger and approx 54 min from 100 kW charger)
- Curb weight: 1,527 (min.)/1,575 (max.) kg
- Max Payload: 395-443 kg
- Dimensions (m): length 4.470 , width 1.820, height 1.450/1,475,
- Wheelbase (m): 2,700