Hyundai Elantra coupe has always been a model that delivers design and premium features, but the 2014 version is taking that a step further.
Under the hood you will find a brand-new 2.0L “Nu” gasoline direct injection -GDI engine that delivers 17 percent more horsepower than the outgoing model, not to mention an 18 percent increase in lb.ft. of torque.
The new 2,0L engine delivers 173 horsepower at 6,500 rpm and 154 lbs.-ft. of torque at 4,700 rpm, giving drivers a welcome jolt of power.
The newly updated 2014 Elantra coupe, as well as the rest of the Elantra family, was shown off at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
The 2014 Hyundai Elantra coupe takes the fun of driving to the next level with the addition of sport-tuned steering and calibrations to the suspension that make twisty roads that much easier to handle.
Other new touches that are now standard include 17-inch alloy wheels, a rear spoiler, steering wheel and shift knob wrapped in leather, and a cool looking blackout grille with chrome surround. These were all offered as options on the last model.
There is now only one trim level available for the refreshed Elantra 2-door coupe, but with all that comes with it, why would you need another option?
The toughest decision that the buyer will have to make is the color that they want, and whether or not to upgrade to the Technology Package.
Even without the upgrade, there is still plenty of technology to enjoy in the 2014 Elantra coupe.
That includes the next-generation navigation and audio technology that is easier to use. Voice recognition commands and improved navigation screens are just a few of the upgrades.
List Of 2014 Hyundai Elantra Coupe Changes
The refreshed Elantra coupe hosts a wide number of styling improvements and new standard equipment.
Take a look at the list of updates:
- New 2,0L GDI four-cylinder engine generating 173 horsepower
- Sport-tuned steering and suspension
- 17-inch alloy-wheels with P215/45R17 tires
- Driver’s blind spot side mirror
- Restyled signature grille, painted in black and surrounded with chrome
- Sporty spoiler at rear
- Steering wheel and shift knob wrapped in a high-quality leather
- Side view mirror repeaters
- Power windows with driver’s one touch up and down
- GS and SE trims have been consolidated into one model for the 2014 model year
- Projector headlights with LED accents
- Updated LED taillights
- Blue Link and Hyundai Assurance Connected Care
- New navigation system with Pandora internet radio
Hyundai Enhances 2014 Elantra interior
The updated Elantra also features relocated HVAC vents, new dual dial HVAC controls with separated fan and temperature controls, new cooled glovebox, reverse LCD display and new straight pull transmission selector with leather boot.
In addition to all styling and feature upgrades, the carmaker has also improved Elantra’s NVH by adding a new HVAC duct absorption material and increasing an anti-vibration floor pad thickness.