Hyundai Accent 2014: Engines, Colors, Tire Size, Active ECO
The 2014 Hyundai Accent offers more standard features and slightly uopdated exterior design!
Hyundai Motor America launched a slightly upgraded Accent for the 2014 model year.
The popular sub-compact car received a couple of updates, so let’s have a look at the details.
2014 hyundai Accent changes
- one-touch triple turn signal, driver’s blind spot mirror and sliding sun visors are now a part of standard equipment
- restyled audio system offers new button layout and improved voice recognition
- the Accent 5-door hatchback and 4-door sedan (Premium package) offers projector headlights with LED accents, headlamp welcome/escort function, driver’s side auto-up window and tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel
- the 2014 SE model is also offered with a sport shifter now
- The multi-award winning sub-compact car has been given a subtle upgrade for the 2014 model year after three full years on the market.
The Accent keeps building on a proven formula of delivering an extraordinary value by blending utility, style, performance and segment-exclusive high-tech features in a compelling package.
Hyundai Accent 1,6L GDI engine
Hyundai hasn’t changed much under the hood of its entry-level model.
The car’s all-aluminum 1.6L GDI 4-cylinder engine generates 138 horsepower and 123 lb-ft of torque.
Mated to the 6-speed manual or automatic transmission, the 2014 Accent delivers 27 mpg city and up to 38 mpg highway fuel economy rating.
The engine features several highly-advanced powertrain systems that contribute to the car’s optimal fuel efficiency. Those include:
- Gasoline direct injection -GDI technology
- Dual continuously variable valve timing – DCVVT
- Roller timing chain, which helps increase the reliability of the engine
- Innovative anti-friction coatings
- Electronic throttle control
Several other systems and technologies help the Accent to minimize the fuel consumption.
The 6-speed automatic or manual gearbox delivers power smoothly and efficiently to the front wheels, while low-rolling resistance tires and great aerodynamic coefficient (0.30 cd) reduce friction with the road and the air.
Furthermore, the 2014 Hyundai Accent also offers an Active ECO system which modifies engine and transmission control to smooth out throttle response.
According to Hyundai, the usage of an Active ECO system improves the car’s fuel economy by up to 7 percent!
Accent color palette
The colors available on the 2014 model year are: Century White, Marathon Blue, Clearwater Blue, Ironman Silver, Ultra Black, Triathlon Gray Boston Red, Mocha Bronze and Electrolyte Green.
Inside, the model offers a choice of gray or beige two-tone interior. Those looking for darker shades will also be able to pick a monotone black interior.
There are three trims available including the GLS, GS and sporty SE.
The sporty Accent SE offers features such as sport-tuned steering, cruise control, steering wheel mounted audio controls, Bluetooth hands-free phone system with voice recognition, tilt and telescopic steering wheel, rear disc brakes, projector headlights with LED accents and many others.
– Entry level GLS trim: 14-inch steel wheels with full wheel covers and 175/70R14 low rolling resistance tires
– Sporty SE trim: 16-inch alloy wheels with 195/50R16 tires