2013 Hyundai Sonata 4th, Kia Optima 6th Best-Selling Mid-Size Sedan
The midsize sedan sales figures for November have been released and the top three bears a stunning resemblance to what we say in September and October.
The Toyota Camry held on to top spot again, with the Honda Accord and Nissan Altima nipping at its heels.
The Hyundai Sonata came in fourth, just behind the top three, while the Ford Fusion showed some signs of improvement to take the fifth spot.
Top-selling mid-size sedans
1. The Toyota Camry moved 28,765 units during the month of November, with the Honda Accord sitting about two thousand units behind at 26,428. That was a huge jump over the 14,355 vehicles sold during the same period in 2011.
2. Honda have been making steady progress throughout the year, but the Camry looks certain to take top spot for 2012 with 373,479 units sold through November. That is still a good distance ahead of the Accord’s 302,444 sales so far this year.
3. The Nissan Altima sold 20,305 units in November and is still considered to be one of the major players in the midsize category.
4. The 2013 Hyundai Sonata held steady at fourth for a third consecutive month, selling 17,660 units in the process.
5. The Ford Fusion had a couple of majorly disappointing sales months in September and October, but seems to have recovered a little.
Much of the credit for that increase in sales has to go to the new 2013 model which went to market in the fall. The Fusion ended up selling a total of 15,125 units in November.
The six through ten spots on the list for November were filled by the Kia Optima, Volkswagen Passat, Chevrolet Malibu, Chrysler 200, and the Dodge Avenger.
With time now running out in 2012, it would appear that the large lead that the Camry currently holds will mean that Toyota will be able to retain the midsize crown for another year.